Wednesday 1 July 2020

Reading Theme of July, 2020

Classic
In search of the most authentic Frankenstein movie
"Frankenstein" by Jame Whale (1931) (based off Mary Shelley's 1818 novel)

Another new month means another new reading theme! Summer is in full swing and I've been loving reading out in the hammock. So what does the theme have in store for me this month? Well, I paid a visit to the good ol' random number generator and was given a shining 5. So I'll be reading a classic novel in July! Now "classic" will be replaced by "highest rated".

 sorry it's a bit grainy

I feel like it's been half a lifetime since I last read a classic, so I'm excited and a bit trepidatious for this. I have to read a classic that's over 400 pages because of my 2020 reading goals, which makes this prompt a little more intimidating than it typically would be. Either way, I will of course do my best.

Are you struggling to find classics that you want to read? Here are a bunch that I think you might enjoy (sorry that they're all by male authors and mostly 20th century classics):
64114337113562373157902643149348


Curious what I might pick up? Here is a juicy selection from my TBR collection:
5326483913624334254439767181920. sy475 601299


Wish me luck; I feel like I need it this month. Still, I'm optimistic and I do believe I could discover one or two fine gems in this pile. I hope you will, too.
Happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. Spännande med klassiker! Finns ju så många guldklimpar. Men samtidigt mycket tung läsning ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Klassiker kan ju vara lite hit or miss (väldigt bred genre/kategori av böcker). Definitivt tung läsning, men ofta värt besväret :D

      Delete