Sunday 3 February 2019

January Book Haul 2019


DEL 1

DEL 2


Books bought in January

1. "Utvald" ("Reached") by Ally Condie

2. "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child" by John Tiffany & Jack Thorne
3. "Skuggan över stenbänken" ("The Shadows Over the Stone Bench") by Maria Gripe
4. "...och de vita skuggrona i skogen" ("...and the White Shadows in the Woods") by Maria Gripe
5. "Rör mig inte!" ("Shatter Me") by Tahereh Mafi
6. "Pojken på bron" ("The Boy on the Bridge") by M.R. Carey
7. "Hemligheternas rike" ("Bitterblue") by Kristin Cashore
8. "Eliza och hennes monster" ("Eliza and Her Monsters") by Francesca Zappia
9. "Shadow Kiss" by Richelle Mead
10. "Spirit Bound" by Richelle Mead
11. "Vampire Academy: A Graphic Novel" by Richelle Mead
12. "Kisses From Hell" by Kristin Cast, Alyson Noël, Kelly Armstrong, Richelle Mead, Francesca Lia Block
13. "Soundless" by Richelle Mead
14. "Högt spel" ("Six of Crows") by Leigh Bardugo
15. "The School for Good and Evil" by Soman Chainani
16. "I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You" by Ally Carter
17. "Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy" by Ally Carter
18. "Thirteen Reasons Why" by Jay Asher
19. "The Power" by Naomi Alderman
20. "All the Birds in the Sky" by Charlie Jane Anders
21. "Genuine Fraud" by E. Lockheart

Main source of books
Definitely secondhand. 19/21 of these books were bought from secondhand store in Stockholm, Malmö, and Lund. 1 was ordered from Book Depository and 1 from Bokus.

Do I reasonably have space for these new books in my room?
YES shut up. I made new space by rearranging in my box shelf and my putting book on top of my box shelf. It looks very dashing and I'm very pleased.

Best find

It's hard to say, seeing as I'm very happy I found a lot of these books on secondhand. However, I must say I was most happy to find the books by Maria Gripe, although a bunch of other finds have me equally excited.

Most expensive book
Gotta be "Spirit Bound" by Richelle Mead that cost me about 125SEK, paperback, from Book Depository.

Best bargain
Probably "Soundless" by Richelle Mead (paperback) that I bought for like 26SEK (plus shipping) from Bokus. They must've listed it for the wrong price, because as soon as I'd ordered it they raised the price with 100+SEK.

Most excited to read
Right now, I'm looking forward to the books from the "Gallagher Girls" series by Ally Carter. I never thought I'd actually purchase these books, but luckily I found them on Erikshjälpen! I think they'll be fun and quick reads. I'm also excited for everything I've bought for the "Vampire Academy" series!

Most likely never to be read
Unfortunately I also bought some books that'll most likely collect a good amount of dust before I read them (not literally, I keep my shelves and books pretty spotless, unlike the rest of my room). Two of them are "Utvald" (or "Reached" in its original form) by Ally Condie, and the books by Maria Gripe. "Utvald" is the final book in the "Matched" trilogy and I've read the previous two books a few years ago, but my feelings towards them are mild to say the least. The first book was alright for a dystopian YA novel, but the second book was just dull af. This last book is a bit chunky and I can't say I'll be picking it up anytime soon.
When it comes to Maria Gripe, I'm always excited to find her books secondhand, since I loved both "Agnes Cecilia" and "Tordyveln flyger i skymningen", but I'm not seeing myself reading anything else by her soon. I have a lot of respect for her as an author, but these books will have to wait.

Books I (kind of) regret not buying
I saw "How I Live Now" by Meg Rosoff in Erikshjälpen and wanted to buy it so I could shit talk it at home, but I ended up prioritising other books. It was only 30SEK and in good condition. I've read it in school and kind of hated it, and I like having books I hate at home. However, it was not meant to be for me and this book. Maybe in another time, or another life, or another dimension. I've also wanted to order "Illusions of Fate" by Kiersten White from Book Depository (the hardback is only like 126SEK) but I'm saving my money for Feburary's book sales.

New series

1. "Skuggserien" by Maria Gripe
2. "Gallagher Girls" by Ally Carter
3. "Six of Crows" by Leigh Bardugo
4. "Shatter Me" by Tahereh Mafi
5. "The School for Good and Evil" by Soman Chainani

Total amount of books
According to my latest calculations, I now have around 347 books on my shelves. When it comes to bind-ups, I've either counted each book included as an individual (for example my bind-up of "The Hunger Games"), while some I've just counted as one (for example "The Complete Works of William Shakespeare").

Overall thoughts
I... might have gone overboard this month...

No comments:

Post a Comment