Sunday 3 March 2019

February Book Haul 2019

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4


Books bought in February


1. "Elden" ("Fire Study") by Maria V. Snyder

2. "Dödens märken" ("Carve the Mark") by Veronica Roth
3. "Children of Blood and Bone" by Tomi Adeyemi
4. "Dumplin'" by Julie Murphy
5. "Call Me By Your Name" by André Aciman
6. "Drakarna" ("Talon") by Julie Kagawa
7. "Rebellerna" ("Rogue") by Julie Kagawa
8. "Soldaterna" ("Soldier") by Julie Kagawa
9. "Legionen" ("Legion") by Julie Kagawa
10. "Till alla killar jag gillat" ("To All the Boys I've Loved Before") by Jenny Han
11. "P.S. Jag gillar dig fortfarande" ("PS. I Still Love You") by Jenny Han
12. "The DUFF" by Kody Keplinger
13. "We Were Liars" by E. Lockhart
14. "Seraphina" by Rachel Hartman
15. "The Midnight Star" by Marie Lu
16. "Brott och straff" ("Crime and Punishment") by Fjodor Dostojevskij
17. "Madame Bovary" by Gustave Flaubert
18. "Tower of Dawn" by Sarah J. Maas
19. "Wink Poppy Midnight" by April Genevieve Tucholke
20. "Besynnerliga berättelser" ("Tales of the Peculiar") by Ransom Riggs
21. "Eldmärkt" ("An Ember in the Ashes") by Sabaa Tahir
22. "The Cruel Prince" by Holly Black
23. "Bloodlines" by Richelle Mead
24. "The Golden Lily" by Richelle Mead
25. "Animal Farm" by George Orwell
26. "1984" by George Orwell
27. "Hjärtlös" ("Heartless") by Marissa Meyer
28. "Mary Shelley Horror Stories" by Mary Shelley
29. "Just Dreaming" by Kerstin Gier

Main source of books

This month was all about the annual Swedish book sale! I purchased my books at Akademibokhandeln, Science Fiction Bokhandeln, and Adlibris <3

Do I reasonably have space for these new books in my room?

Always. It's getting tight, though. On the other hand, it was getting tight at 200 books. Now I'm at 350+. My parents and I might be planning a new bookshelf. We'll see.
Update, post book sale: I bought 26 books and had a breakdown while trying to fit them into my shelves. I need new space :'(

Best find

To be honest, it's probably "Elden" by Maria V. Snyder, because it was sold out everywhere aside from the publisher's website. I was so happy to find it there, and now it matches perfectly with the rest of the series on my shelves.

Most expensive book

That would be "Elden", which in itself only cost 68SEK but with shipping kost 108SEK, which goes a bit over the most expensive book I bought on the sale. 108SEK would translate to about 11.50USD.

Best bargain

Probably one of the hardcovers I bought, but there isn't one that stands out to me as a better bargain than the others.

Most excited to read

Probably "Elden" by Maria V. Snyder (which I of course read this month as soon as it arrived). There's a ton of the other books that I'm just waiting to dive into as well, though.

Most likely never to be read

Sadly, it's most likely gonna be "Dumplin'" that sits on the shelves for the longest time. But who knows; I've been lousy at picking up Julie Kagawa's books for years, so that trend might continue.

Books I (kind of) regret not buying
I do regret not buying "The Master and Margarita" and "Lolita". They both cost 100SEK each, though, so it didn't feel justified.

New series


1. "Talon" by Julie Kagawa

2. "Carve the Mark" by Veronica Roth
3. "Legacy of Orïsha" by Tomi Adeyemi
4. "To All the Boys I've Loved Before" by Jenny Han
5. "The Folk of Air" by Holly Black
6. "Seraphina" by Rachel Hartman
7. "Bloodlines" by Richelle Mead
8. "Aska och eld" by Sabaa Tahir
9. "Carve the Mark" by Veronica Roth

Total amount of books

347+11+2+16=376
That is a lot.

Overall thoughts

Came home with 15 books from the first day of book sale and had a minor breakdown over not being able to fit all the books on my shelves, especially when also trying to make it look nice. Anyways, I got them all in place and it looks ok. Nothing more, not a single book more, could fit. Then. I get a text. My order of 10 books has arrived at the post office. Fuck.
Also I'm sorry that the last two videos are grossly out of focus. I don't care enough to retake them.

No comments:

Post a Comment