Monday 15 April 2019

March Book Haul 2019

Full Book Haul in Swedish

Books bought in 

1. "Red Glove" by Holly Black

2. "The Near Witch" by Victoria Schwab
3. "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close" by Jonathan Safran Foer
4. "Foxfire" by Joyce Carol Oates
5. "Sköldpaddor hela vägen ner" ("Turtles All the Way Down") by John Green

Main source of books

This time it was secondhand. I drained my bank account (and will to spend money) after the book sale. Took it easy this month.

Do I reasonably have space for these new books in my room?

Well, I managed to get them all in there. Looks alright (almost).

Best find

Definitely "The Near Witch" by Victoria, which is in first edition. That edition hasn't been available to buy since at least 2014. I almost cried IN PUBLIC when I found it.

Most expensive book
The book by John Green, which cost me like 40SEK. It's nothing, really; Akademibokhandeln had 50% off the sale prices.

Best bargain

Hmm well considering that the book by John Green was on half the sales price, I'd consider it a great bargain. I doubt I'd be able to find "The Near Witch" in first edition for 30SEK anywhere else, though.

Most excited to read

"The Near Witch" by Victoria Schwab takes this spot. In fact, I read it as soon as I got it.

Most likely never to be read

Probably "Foxfire", but I can't say I bought a book that I'm certain I won't read. It's stupid to buy books I won't read, I know, but I've done the same thing before and ended up really wanting to read those books years later. So, I'd say it's just 'god framförhållning'.

Books I (kind of) regret not buying
I don't know... I've wanted to buy more books by Maria V. Snyder, since I loved the "Poison Study" series. That's not a priority at the moment, however.

New series

No new series! Only "Red Glove" by Holly Black, but that's the second book in the Curse Workers series.

Total amount of books
376+5=381

Overall thoughts

GREAT JOB at not spending lots. Gonna need my money in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment