Monday 15 April 2019

March Wrap Up 2019


Full Wrap Up in Swedish

Books read in March

1. "Chanslös" ("Changeless") by Gail Carriger
2. "Crash & Burn" by Abigail Roux
3. "I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You" by Ally Carter
4. "The Near Witch" by Victoria Schwab

Star of March
I can't decide between "The Near Witch" and "Crash & Burn"... I guess they'll share the star spot. There really was no clear favourite for me this month.

Biggest disappointment of March
I feel like all the books I read were disappointments on some level... I'm not mad about it, I just read some books that I had higher expectations for than I maybe should have had. I'd have to say "Chanslös" had me the most disappointed, though.

Surprise of March
None, really. Unless we count books that were surprisingly mediocre. In that case; all of them :P

Theme of March
The theme of this month was "borta bra, men hemma bäst", which means that while being away from home can be nice, home will always be the best. I interpreted this theme by reading two books about characters that went on travels/journeys away from home. Both "Chanslös" by Gail Carriger and "Crash & Burn" by Abigail Roux fit that description.

Series started

1. "Gallagher Girls" by Ally Carter

Series finished

1. "Cut & Run" by Abigail Roux (and Madeleine Urban)

Oldest on the shelf
This time "Chanslös" takes home the prize as oldest book on the shelf, having lived with me for about 1,5 years. I remember that I bought in Gothemburg during the annual Swedish Book Fair in 2017.

Overall thoughts
I didn't get as much reading done as I'd hoped. 5 books would have been ideal, but 4 books isn't disastrous. I probably sound more negative in this wrap up than I actually am; this just wasn't a great reading month, but I'm not super bummed about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment