Saturday 18 May 2019

April Wrap Up 2019

Wrap Up video in Swedish

Books read in April

1. "Så talade Zarathustra" ("Thus Spoke Zarathustra") by Friedrich Nietzsche

2. "Red Queen" by Victoria Aveyard
3. "Death Most Definite" by Trent Jamieson
4. "The Magicians of Caprona" by Diana Wynne Jones
5. "Reptilrummet" by Lemony Snicket

Star of April

Gotta give it to "Death Most Definite" by Trent Jamieson; yet another good Australian read for me. It was funny, action packed, and a real page-turner.

Biggest disappointment of April
I'm sorry, but "Red Queen" by Victoria Aveyard really didn't live up to my standards... Go see my review for a more detailed opinion.

Surprise of April

I mean, "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" was a bit of a ride, wasn't it...?  I guess you could call that a surprise lol.

Theme of April
This month featured "a skeleton in the closet" as the theme. I chose to read "Death Most Definite" by Trent Jamieson, seeing as it follows an Australian reaper who works for the family business and transfers souls from this world to the next. It was a fun read and I recommend it!

Series started


1. "Red Queen" by Victoria Aveyard

2. "Death Workers" by Trent Jamieson

Oldest on the shelf

This month it was probably "The Magicians of Caprona" by Diana Wynne Jones. I'd started reading this book several years ago and didn't finish it until now, which means I've had it for a while. Most likely it's been with me since 2013.

Overall thoughts

Not as bad as March felt! I can feel that I am heading for better reading times (is what I say now, though it might turn out that all goes to hell in May idk). I'm looking forward to the books I'm planning to read next month.

PS: this post was delayed because I had a hard time finding the time (and energy) to film the video :P

No comments:

Post a Comment