Sunday 1 March 2020

February Wrap Up, 2020

Books read in February

1. "Going Bovine" by Libba Bray

2. "The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue" by Mackenzi Lee

Star of February

"The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue" wins the spot, though it wasn't without flaws. I overall enjoyed this novel a lot. Both the romance and adventurous plot were very entertaining and I look forward to eventually continuing with the series.

Biggest disappointment of February

I was truly disappointed by "Going Bovine". It was messy, unrelatable, irritating, and too 'random'. I felt nothing but annoyance for the protagonist and none of the female characters were written well at all. It was especially disappointing since I really love the other books I've read by Libba Bray.

Surprise of February

None, to be honest.

Theme of February
To let my friends pick the books I read. The ones that were picked for me by four different friends were "Going Bovine", "The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue", "Spinning Silver", and "The Blade Itself". It was such a fun theme to have, and I'll try to repeat it at some other point in time, definitely.

Pages read in February

ca 980 pages (plus ca 50 pages of "Spinning Silver")

Series started


1. "Montague Siblings" by Mackenzi Lee


Oldest on the shelf

I've had "The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue" for some years, maybe since 2017/2018. I just bought "Going Bovine" in November 2019.

Overall thoughts

This month rolled over me like a bulldozer. I'd planned to read four books, but only managed two of them. The first week went really well, but then the second week came around and ruined everything. All that could go wrong that week just went wrong, to be honest. After that, I didn't manage to get back into my reading quite the way I'd wished. I still managed to finish these two books, though, which is good. I will try to finish the other two, and more, in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment