Wednesday 29 April 2020

Top 10 Best Books of 2019

Hello again!
2019 came to an end a few months ago, and I completely forgot to share my favourite books of the year with you. I had a blast when it came to reading last year, and I found a lot of new books to view as favourites. But which were the 10 best of the 60 read? Well, here they are.
(Note: You'll also find a list of my 10 most disliked books of 2019 in another post.)



10
32946
As my second read of the year, this book helped me get back from my reading slump. Had this novel not delivered in the way it did, I might haven given up early. However, this modern classic from the 1960's offered easy-to-love characters, heartwarming relationships between young boys, and a dazzling retro feel. I ended up giving this book 4.5/5 stars.

9
1189906
I was blown away by the world building and adventures of this novel. It had a way of creating an absolutely uncomfortable atmosphere that had be shivering at times. The dream of the magical north had me hooked, and I ended up giving this book 4.5/5 stars.

8
43898152
This book breathes feminism and strength, both in its story and writing style. We follow the long life of half Greek god Circe and her long road from a cowering young nymph to a witch and force to be reckoned with. I loved reading about her ups and downs, and I was especially honoured by being chosen by Bokus to pre-read and review this book upon its Swedish release. I ended up giving this  4.5/5 stars.

7
16074352
I fell in love with this slow paced high fantasy novel and its dragon murder mystery and politics. Seraphina was a lovely protagonist to follow, and there were plenty of other characters to fall in love with. I'll remember this book as one of the best YA high fantasy novels I've read. The only thing that set it back was a slow beginning. I gave this a very strong 4.5/5 stars.

6
15950494
Hey, I finally read this! This book brought out some real emotions, which I had not expected. The story is told in a brilliant way, and I can see what the hype is all about. In the end, I gave this book 4.75/5 stars.

5
40379447. sy475
"The Priory of the Orange Tree" by Samantha Shannon
As real hunk of a book, this high fantasy story offers juicy politics, intrigues, and adventure. I had a blast reading it, and it was one of my most anticipated reads of 2019. It had some slight downsides, which is why I didn't give it 5/5 stars, but I still loved it soooo much! It got 4.75/5 stars.

4
23734628
This was the gay magical adventure story that I wanted it to be! I flew through this novel and was charmed by its spells and characters. I loved both Simon and Baz, and I was happy to rave about the novel with friends. I gave this a full 5/5 stars.

3
18143977
A historical fiction novel set during WW2 that follows two gripping perspectives. This was one of the toughest novels to get through emotionally this year, and that's what I value most about it. I won't forget this story for a long time. I gave this 5/5 stars.

2
36516585. sx318
A beautifully written novella featuring norm breaking science fiction and a riveting romance. I loved it mostly for its truly poetic writing, which is out of this world! I also adored the characters and the way they grew to adore each other. I ended up giving this 5/5 stars.

1
Image result for giftet maria v snyder
I describe this novel as tailored for my personal fantasy tastes. It was pretty much a perfect novel. At least when it comes to my preferences in YA fantasy fiction. This was the start to a purely fantastic series that I truly cherish. I adored this first novel and gave it one of my strongest 5/5 stars ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment