Friday 1 May 2020

Reading Theme of May, 2020

White
Snow White: The messed up origins of a Disney classic
"Snow White" by Disney (1937)

I wanted to do things a bit different this time by showing you how the monthly theme is chosen. I have a longer list of prompts, from which five original ones are chosen to go into a separate list. These are the ones that have a chance to be picked for the month by me using a random number generator. The five prompts in the list were chosen/hand picked by me based on what I think sounds most appealing, and once a theme has been chosen, I add a new one to that slot in the list. Beginning with May, this is what that list looked like:


 sorry it's a bit grainy

I then generate a random number from 1-5 through a generator on Google. That step is tricky to include as an image since blogger doesn't want to accept my screenshots, so you'll have to trust me on this one. Either way, 2 was the number that I got this month, which means the theme will be "white covers". This theme will now be replaced by "favourite song" in the list. Now you know how it works!

We haven't had a colour related theme yet this year, but the "random number generator" decided that it was time for it now in May. The colour that was chosen is more a shade of light than anything else; it's white!
In my opinion, there are pros and cons to white book covers. A pro is of course that it can look rather sleek and classy. The very big con is how easily they look dirty. I also talked about white covers in my book cover pet peeves post, which you're welcome to check out if you please.
As per usual, we'll each find a book with something white on the cover to read this month. The whole cover doesn't have to be white. It's up to you!

I've read a few white books in my day, mostly without ruining them with dirt. Here are some of them that I think you might also enjoy:
1610119317675462. sy475 23302416220552626547258


As always, I also own a ton of unread books. These all have some (more or less) white on them:
2076487993293541865599838460015. sx318 15894007

Two of these books are on my list of "big books" that I really want to read in 2020. I don't think I'd be able to finish "The Way of Kings" in a month, but I could at least try to start it in May. We'll see! Either way, I hope you'll enjoy the theme of May.
Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment