Friday 29 May 2020

Spring Secondhand Book Haul 2020


Video in ENGLISH

Secondhand books bought in April-May:


1. "I, Claudius" by Robert Graves

2. "Claudius the God" by Robert Graves
3. "His Majesty's Dragon" by Naomi Novik
4. "The Stranger" by Albert Camus
5. "Convenience Store Woman" by Sayaka Murata
6. "Min mormor hälsar och säger förlåt" ("My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry") by Fredrik Backman
7. "Educated" by Tara Westover
8. "The Eyre Affair" by Jasper Fforde
9. "Three Dark Crowns" by Kendare Blake
10. "Blue Bloods" by Melissa de la Cruz
11. "Masquerade" by Melissa de la Cruz
12. "Revelations" by Melissa de la Cruz
13. "The Van Alen Legacy" by Melissa de la Cruz

Main source of books

All of them are secondhand finds, of course. I think I bought the most from Erikshjälpen.

Do I reasonably have space for these new books in my room?

I thought I didn't, but somehow they're all in here now. Magic?

Best find

I was ridiculously happy to find the books by Robert Graves. I'm also very pleasantly surprised to now own "Three Dark Crowns" and "His Majesty's Dragon".

Most expensive book
"The Stranger", which cost 37SEK.

Best bargain

"Three Dark Crowns"; a very hyped book for the insanely low price of just 5SEK.

Most excited to read

The books about Claudius :D

Most likely never to be read

Probably the fourth book in the "Blue Bloods" series, just in case I don't like the first ones. Other than that, I'd say maybe "The Eyre Affair", because I'm intimidated by all the references to classics I've not yet read.

Books I (kind of) regret not buying
None! I bought all the books I wanted to.

New series


1. "Claudius" by Robert Graves

2. "Temeraire" by Naomi Novik
3. "Thursday Next" by Jasper Fforde
4. "Three Dark Crowns" by Kendare Blake
5. "Blue Bloods" by Melissa de la Cruz

Total amount of books

I wish I knew exactly how many. Goodreads says 480 now, but that doesn't count bind-ups. I'd guess closer to 490. It's cool that I'm closing in on 500!

Overall thoughts

I'm happy with the books I manage to find. Regarding covid-19, I want to assure you that I haven't been breaking restrictions, and I've been careful while shopping. I'v kept my distance and executed extra good hygiene to protect myself and others. The restrictions in Sweden allow people to go outside with some limitations. Stores are still mostly open, and I want to do my best to still support the ones I often visited before the pandemic (Emmaus, Erikshjälpen, etc.).
Also, please watch the video, because it's in English! Exciting times!

No comments:

Post a Comment