Tuesday 5 May 2020

Winter + Spring Wrap Up 2019-2020 (December-April)


Wrap up in Swedish

Stay Home Reading Rush vlog & wrap up in Swedish


Books read in December - April

1. "The Priory of the Orange Tree" by Samantha Shannon
2. "The Archived" by Victoria Schwab
3. "The Final Empire" by Brandon Sanderson
4. "The Well of Ascension" by Brandon Sanderson
5. "Going Bovine" by Libba Bray
6. "The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue" by Mackenzi Lee
7. "Shadow Study" by Maria V. Snyder
8. "Throne of Glass" by Sarah J. Maas
9. "Crown of Midnight" by Sarah J. Maas
10. "Spinning Silver" by Naomi Novik
11. "Our Man in Havana" by Graham Greene
12. "The Crimes of Grindelwald: The Original Screenplay" by J.K. Rowling
13. "Malamander" by Thomas Taylor
14. "The Comedy of Errors" by William Shakespeare
15. "Bloodlines" by Richelle Mead

Audiobooks listened to in December - April


1. "Daisy Jones & The Six" by Taylor Jenkins Reid

2. "My Year of Rest and Relaxation" by Ottessa Moshfegh

Stars of December - April

I'd say that out of them all, "The Priory of the Orange Tree", "The Final Empire" and "Spinning Silver" have been the ones I liked most. None of them have gotten full on 5/5 stars, but they were all very close to it.

Biggest disappointments of December - April

I'm sad to say that both "Going Bovine" and "Shadow Study" let me down. Both are by authors I've loved before, but these two just didn't cut it for me. "Going Bovine" was definitely the worst of the two, but my expectations for "Shadow Study" were very high. I was also disappointed by "The Archived" way back in December.

Surprises of December - April

The two biggest surprises for me have been quite different from each other. The first is "My Year of Rest and Relaxation", which was just a roller coaster of a read. It was pretty crazy, and I still can't say if I loved it or disliked it. The other is "Throne of Glass", which certainly didn't live up to the hype, but it was very entertaining.

Theme of December - April
December's theme was to read a book with something blue on the cover, for which I read "The Archived". The themes so far this year have been to read a book with a title that has a "(The/A) __ of __ (and __)" structure, to read a book that your friend picked for you, to read a book that has been hyped, and to read a book with a big or annoying face on the cover. For these themes, I read "The Well of Ascension", "Going Bovine" and "The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue", "Throne of Glass", and "Bloodlines".

Pages read in December - April

Ca 6 430, plus maybe 15 hours of audio books.

Series started


1. "The Archived" by Victoria Schwab

2. "Mistborn" by Brandon Sanderson
3. "The Montague Siblings" by Mackenzi Lee
4. "Soulfinders" by Maria V. Snyder
5. "Throne of Glass" by Sarah J. Maas
6. "Malamander" by Thomas Taylor
7. "Bloodlines" by Richelle Mead

Oldest on the shelf

I'm guessing that's "Throne of Glass" and "Crown of Midnight", which I ordered together back in 2013, if I'm not mistaken. I remember it because I bought "Throne of Glass" as soon as the paperback cover came out in hardcover. I've also owned the "Mistborn" series for some years.

Overall thoughts

I got off to a slow start this year, reading only two 400+ page books per month. I picked up the pace in April again and hope to keep going with that for the summer at least. So far this year, I've read 9 big books, which puts me a little bit behind schedule. Wish me luck with catching up... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment