Wednesday 1 April 2020

Reading Theme of April, 2020

Up In Your Face
Image result for guy holding blobfish
"Behold the Blobfish" by Matt Collins

It seems to be time for another cover related theme! This month, we're looking at one of my personal pet peeves when it comes to book covers; faces. More precisely, we'll be looking for closeups or somehow annoying faces. Be it a photo or an illustration, all faces count. In all honesty, not all covers with big faces are ugly (some are even nice!), but I have for a long time held a grudge against them. We all have our pet peeves when it comes to book covers, and this is just one of mine. I must say that I prefer illustrated faces, if any. There's just a greater chance of hitting the mark with the characters' features with an illustration based off the descriptions in the book, and it gives the cover a more professional vibe... Not to say that a model can't own the look and do a great job on the cover, but the risk is greater, just sayin'.
Nevertheless, this April we shall attempt to tackle such books, and I believe we will be victorious!

Despite my harsh words on close up faces, here are some book recommendations that fit the theme of this month:
3456273636648283717375745525929


Of course, I also own some unread books that are really up in my face. Here are some of them:
65472591293017233020916. sy475 1361844013644055

I dare say that all the books I listed are ones that I'm very excited to read... choosing between them will be hard, I think, because I'm certain I won't be able to get to all of them (they're all over 400 pages, some even over 600). Are you excited for any novels with big ol' faces on the cover? Either way, I hope you end up reading a good book this month, despite the (maybe) unlikable covers. 
Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment