Saturday 23 November 2019

October Book Haul 2019



Books bought in October


1. "Bridge of Clay" by Marcus Zusak

2. "Wayward Son" by Rainbow Rowell
3. "The Lost Hero" by Rick Riordan
4. "The Kiss of Deception" by Mary E. Pearson
5. "Beautiful Creatures Del 4" ("Beautiful Redemption") by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
6. "Brown Girl Dreaming" by Jaqueline Woodson
7. "The Queen of the Tearling" by Erika Johansen
8. "The Fate of the Tearling" by Erika Johansen
9. "Främlingen" ("Outlander") by Diana Gabaldon
10. "Slända i bärnsten" ("Dragonfly in Amber") by Diana Gabaldon
11. "Sjöfararna" ("Voyager") by Diana Gabaldon
12. "Rädda mig inte!" ("Unravel Me") by Tahereh Mafi
13. "Sätt mig i brand!" ("Ignite Me") by Tahereh Mafi
14. "The Red Pyramid" by Rick Riordan
15. "The Serpent's Shadow" by Rick Riordan
16. "The Body Finder" by Kimberly Derting
17. "Desires of the Dead" by Kimberly Derting
18. "Split Feather" by Deborah A. Wolf

Main source of books

We've got some scattered origin stories here, but 1 is from the annual Swedish book fair, one is from Book Depository, 5 are from Erikshjälpen, 1 is from Emmaus, and the final three are from Gekås, Ullared.

Do I reasonably have space for these new books in my room?

I have fought and prevailed! Some re-positioning was needed, though. Holy shit, I bought a lot of books, though.

Best find

Oooo I'm inclined to say "The Queen of the Tearling" along with the last book in the trilogy, just because it was soooo hyped a few years back and I was really tempted to buy it at full price back then, but I never did. Now I'm stoked to own two books in the trilogy!

Most expensive book
"Bridge of Clay" for 150SEK, however it's not second hand, was bought by a friend at the annual book fair (where books are known to be sold for high prices), and it's a signed copy just for me! So, it was definitely worth it ;)

Best bargain

I got both "The Red Pyramid" and "The Serpent's Shadow" for only 5SEK each, which is CRAZY. I've suddenly become a regular visitor in that particular store nowadays... (btw it's Öppna Hjärtan Secondhand in Malmö, they currently have a 50% sale on all their books, which is why I got these so cheap).

Most excited to read

Could it be anything else than "Wayward Son"? I don't think so! Don't get me wrong; I want to read all of these books eventually, but none as much/soon as "Wayward Son"!

Most likely never to be read

That has to be "Split Feather", which I was given for free by Science Fiction Bokhandeln when making another purchase there around Halloween. I'd never heard of it before, and I'm willing to read it eventually, but it might take a long ass while tbh.

Books I (kind of) regret not buying

None that I can think of at the moment :)

New series


1. "The Heroes of Olympus" by Rick Riordan

2. "The Remnant Chronicles" by Mary E. Pearson
3. "The Queen of the Tearling" by Erika Johansen
4. "Outlander" by Diana Gabaldon
5. "The Kane Chronicles" by Rick Riordan
6. "The Body Finder" by Kimberly Derting
7. "Daughter of the Midnight Sun" by Deborah A. Wolf

Total amount of books

401+18=419

Overall thoughts

Sooo many books bought this month. I didn't even think I'd reach such a high number! Oh well, I guess it's not the end of the world ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment