Monday 11 November 2019

September Wrap Up 2019

Video in Swedish

Books read in September

1. "Drömtjuvarna" ("The Dream Thieves") by Maggie Stiefvater

2. "Sovarna" ("Blue Lily, Lily Blue") by Maggie Stiefvater
3. "Seraphina" by Rachel Hartman
4. "The Raven King" by Maggie Stiefvater
5. "Den sorgsna sjön" ("The Wide Window") by Lemony Snicket

Star of September

Gotta say "Seraphina" really hit the mark for me. It was all I'd hoped for it to be, although it was perhaps a bit too slow in the beginning.

Biggest disappointment of September
Unfortunately "The Raven King" wasn't what I'd hoped it would be. Compared to the previous books in the series, this one just felt super slow and lacked the character development we'd seen before in the series. I ended up giving this one 3,25/5 stars, a whole star less than the rest.

Surprise of September

If any, I might have to say "Seraphina". I had a hunch that I would like it, but I'd heard rather mixed reviews. Some like it, some said it was boring. Perhaps my mild expectations lifted my reading experience somewhat. Yes, it's a slow-burn, high fantasy, dragon murder mystery, which I guess is what I wanted from it. In the end, I really enjoyed "Seraphina".

Theme of September
The theme was to read a book with a name in the title. I read "Seraphina" for this month's theme. Seraphina is the name of the main character :)

Series started


1. "Seraphina" by Rachel Hartman


Series finished


1. "The Raven Cycle" by Maggie Stiefvater


Oldest on the shelf

Must be "Drömtjuvarna", which I think I bought at a book sale several years back. I bought "Sovarna" at a book sale as well, maybe a year or so later.

Overall thoughts

I had a decent month in reading, I think. I'm looking forward to next month, when I'll be finishing "The Reckoners" trilogy by Brandon Sanderson (finally) and hopefully get into some other nice books.

No comments:

Post a Comment