Wednesday 1 January 2020

Reading Theme of January, 2020

(The/A) ___ of ___ (and ___)
422013953472866716096824. sy475
"Sorcery of Thorns" by Margaret Rogerson, "Children of Blood and Bone" by Tomi Adeyemi, "A Court of Thorns and Roses" by Sarah J. Maas

If you're up to date on title trends within the YA genre, you'll have noticed that it's popular with titles of this pattern: "The ___ of ___ (and ___)". On the covers of books released in the past few years shown above, you see what I mean. Therefore, I thought it would be a fun idea to attempt to read a book with such a title for a monthly theme. January became the destined month for it!
So, the prompt is rather simple. Just read a novel with a title of this structure! I myself am not very experienced with titles like this, but I'll try to recommend a few books down below.

Some recommendations for books with typical modern YA titles:

And here is a list of what I might be reading:


Have you heard of any of these books before? Perhaps you've read a few novels with titles like these. If not, now's your chance! Personally, I'm looking forward to this theme.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment