Wednesday 11 September 2019

Summer Book Haul, 2019

Video in Swedish


Books bought this summer


1. "Kirke" by Madeline Miller

2. "Wuthering Heights" by Emily Brontë
3. "Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Brontë
4. "The Invention of Hugo Cabret" by Brian Selznick
5. "The Priory of the Orange Tree" by Samantha Shannon
6. "Shadow Study" by Maria V. Snyder
7. "En man som heter Ove" ("A Man Called Ove") by Fredrik Backman
8. "The Golden Compass" by Philip Pullman
9. "The Subtle Knife" by Philip Pullman
10. "The Amber Spyglass" by Philip Pullman
11. "Doktor Faustus" ("Doctor Faustus") by Thomas Mann
12. "Paper Towns" by John Green

Main source of books

Second hand! But I got "Kirke" from www.bokus.se through a small comeptition, and I bought some others online.

Do I reasonably have space for these new books in my room?

Um... maybe? Starting to get real tight in here. To save the day, I bought a shoe shelf (?) at an auction, and for the moment it's living the life of a book shelf until it finds its right place in this world eventually.

Best find
Probably "The Invention of Hugo Cabret", which I've wanted to have for ages. I remember my teacher reading it to the class when I was about 11 years old, so it brings out some level of nostalgia.

Most expensive book
So far it's "The Priory of the Orange Tree", which cost me a full 133SEK when ordering brand new (a bit expensive for a paperback, honestly). I also bought a box of the His Dark Materials trilogy for about 230SEK, though that cuts it to about 77SEK per book, which isn't pricey.

Best bargain

Definitely "Kirke" by Madeline Miller! I got this for free, and it was amazing!

Most excited to read

Actually most of them, though I have to say "Doktor Faustus", "The Priory of the Orange Tree", and "Shadow Study" are all at the top of the list.

Most likely never to be read

If I really had to choose, it would be "The Amber Spyglass" and unfortunately "Paper Towns" that are at the bottom of the list. With emphasis on "The Amber Spyglass".

Books I (kind of) regret not buying

Nah, I just bought those in September instead ;)

New series


1. "Soulfinders" by Maria V. Snyder

2. "His Dark Materials" by Philip Pullman

Total amount of books

381+12=393    :o

Overall thoughts

New books! Woop!

No comments:

Post a Comment