Sunday 29 September 2019

August Wrap Up 2019

Video in Swedish

Books read in August
1. "The Golden Compass" by Philip Pullman
2. "The Subtle Knife" by Philip Pullman
3. "Eliza och hennes monster" ("Eliza and Her Monsters") by Francesca Zappia

Star of August
I reeeaaaly enjoyed "The Golden Compass"! Super good world building and cast of characters!

Biggest disappointment of August
I was so disappointed in "The Subtle Knife"... What a way to completely ruin a good world and interesting characters. Pullman just threw this trilogy into the mud.

Surprise of August
Gotta say "The Golden Compass" again :P

Theme of August
This month's prompt was to read a book with stars on the cover. I had a few novels in my shelves to choose from, and I actually ended up reading several that fit with the theme. In fact, all the three books I read had stars on the cover! The ones on the books from the "His Dark Materials" trilogy are kinda subtle, but I promise they're there. "Eliza and Her Monsters" has a bunch of shimmery stars on it (if one chooses to see them as stars, at least).
11899061766674638111406

Series started

1. "His Dark Materials" by Philip Pullman


Oldest on the shelf
That would be "Eliza och hennes monster", though I've only had it since January this year.

Overall thoughts
I didn't have a good reading month. I blame it on "The Subtle Knife", honestly. And perhaps also "Hjärta av jazz" by Sara Lövestam, which I've attempted to read but haven't managed to get into yet. I've decided to DNF it, but it took me a good week to reach that point. All in all, I need to shape up!

No comments:

Post a Comment