Sunday 22 December 2019

November Book Haul 2019

Video in Swedish

Books bought in 


1. "Going Bovine" by Libba Bray

2. "The Axeman's Jazz" by Ray Celestine
3. "Everything Leads to You" by Nina LaCour
4. "The Mark of Athena" by Rick Riordan
5. "Divergent" by Veronica Roth
6. "Don Quixote" by Miguel de Cervantes

Main source of books

Mixed secondhand stores. The first three were purchased during a short trip to Stockholm, the others from a shop in Malmö.

Do I reasonably have space for these new books in my room?

I've had to put a lot of books away not to make room for new ones. There might be up to thirty books behind my books... I don't like it, but it's the way it's gonna have to be right now.

Best find

Maybe "Going Bovine"? I was so happy and surprised to find it in a secondhand shop! Libba Bray is also the author of the "Gemma Doyle" trilogy, which is a YA historical fantasy series set mostly in 19th century Britain, and it was one of my absolute favourite series around 2013. That's why it was great that I found this standalone novel by her as well!

Most expensive book
All the ones from Stockholm were 30SEK each, which makes those the most expensive this month. That fact is a bit crazy.... so cheap!

Best bargain

I seriously got "The Mark of Athena", "Divergent" and "Don Quixote" for 5SEK ($0.52) each at a secondhand shop in Malmö. They were originally 10SEK but set at 50% off.

Most excited to read

Probably "Going Bovine". I'm hoping I can read it next year, maybe.

Most likely never to be read

I feel hopeful and ambitious about it, but "Don Quixote" will surely be a challenge to read. It's got loads of pages and the font is very small. However, it's in good condition, and I  had a hard time finding a nice edition online, so I was happy to find one in a secondhand store.

Books I (kind of) regret not buying

I feel like I've been wanting to buy "The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet" for quite some time now, but I haven't yet, despite reduced price on Book Depository and all. I couldn't really afford a pricier book this month, though.

New series


1. "Divergent" by Veronica Roth


Total amount of books

419+6=425 (ca., one can never be quite sure)

Overall thoughts

I was most excited about the books I found in Stockholm; something I'm not surprised about. Last time I went secondhand shopping in Stockholm (last winter), I also found a ton of great books to buy. I wish the supply would also be that promising around Lund, but alas... only sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment