Wednesday 18 December 2019

November Wrap Up 2019

Video in Swedish

Books read in November:

1. "Sent i november" ("Moominvalley in November") by Tove Jansson

2. "The Young Elites" by Marie Lu
3. "Nattens cirkus" ("The Night Circus") by Erin Morgenstern
4. "This is How You Lose the Time War" by Amal El-Mohtar & Max Gladstone

Star of November:

As expected, I really fell in love with "This is How You Lose the Time War". It was beautifully lyrical, emotional, and gripping. Science fiction in a form that I'd never expected it to take.

Biggest disappointment of November:
Unfortunately that was "The Young Elites". I couldn't connect to the characters, and though the story has potential, it just didn't do much for me. I could still consider continuing on with the series to give it another shot, though.

Surprise of November:

"Sent i november", actually. I'd expected something more simple and childish, but it was rather adult. I really enjoyed it and even got some unexpected wisdom out of it.

Theme of November:
This month, it was to read a book with a weapon on the cover. I achieved that goal by reading "The Young Elites".

Series started


1. "Mumintrollen" by Tove Jansson

2. "The Young Elites" by Marie Lu

Oldest on the shelf

I've had "Sent i november" since I was baptised (in 2000). That makes it the oldest one for sure.

Overall thoughts

A decent month with mostly good books. I now only have to read two books in December in order to reach my new goal of 60 books in 2019. Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment