Wednesday 15 July 2015

Covers in the World #1: Lux

American covers 1:
First editions. Strongly dislike them! Don't like the font, not the pictures, not anything. I'm glad they didn't continue on with them after the first two books.


13047090
American covers 2:
The editions I own myself. Not the pretties part of my bookshelves, but they hold a precious part of my heart. I thought they were pretty ugly to a start, but that's changed a little. The longer I look at them, the nicer they seem. Or at least less ugly. They fit the content, in some ways, with the slight cockiness.



English covers 3:
Why, one can ask themself, did they have to change the covers just before the last book was released? Why couldn't they make a cover that fit the old ones and then do these covers later? Ah, publishers, sometimes you're not nice at all. The first two contains two books each from the series and the last one is just Opposition. Anyway, don't like the covers very much.


German covers:
Opposition doesn't seem to be out there yet. But these covers are so pretty! Not as cocky as the original (as perhaps they should be), but I wouldn't say not to have these on my shelf. So cute. A little unfitting. I'd have rather seen them on a cutesy contemporary series.


Spanish covers:
I actually like these. More than the original, at least (but maybe that isn't so strange). All the covers match and feel very fresh. The only problem I have with them is that they feel more like the covers of dystopias, but whatever. It's a shame I suck at Spanish, or else these could've been an alternative ;)


25745064
Italian covers:
I'm not very hooked on the Italian covers. The first three and the fifth are okay together, I guess, but Origin feels out of place. There's a bit of a vampire feel to all of them. I've mixed feelings. Like Onyx best.


25692657
Polish covers:
Very alike the original covers, but a little different. Like the font more here. I definitely prefer these before the originals, despite them being so similar.



Russia covers:
Well, Russia. This certainly is... interesting. But I'm impressed that the upper parts of the covers are actual scenes from the books. Like that detail, but nothing else. Opposition hasn't been translated yet, but... I can't say I'm disappointed.



French covers:
It seems this series didn't go home to well with the French, for here only the first book can be found translated. But it's very different. I like it. Hope they keep translating.



That was that. I thought this was a blast to do! If, by some miracle, someone is actually reading this, here's a question; what country do you think managed the best with the covers? I think my favourite is Germany.
I'm definitely doing more of these. What series/book do you want to see?

Hej då!

No comments:

Post a Comment